Curriculum Vitae of Werner Faymann
On 2nd December 2008, Werner Faymann, the executive chairman of the Social Democratic Party of Austria (SPÖ), was sworn in by Federal President Heinz Fischer as Federal Chancellor.
Werner Faymann was born on 4th May 1960 in Vienna (Austria). He is married and has two children.
- 1985 - 1988: Consultant at the Zentralsparkasse,
- 1988: Director and provincial chairman of the Viennese Tenants Counselling.
- 1985 - 1994: Provincial chairman of Socialist Youth Vienna (Sozialistische Jugend Wien),
- 1994 - 2007: Member of the Viennese state parliament and municipal council; Executive City Councillor for Housing, Housing Construction and Urban Renewal; President of the Viennese Fund for Provision of Property and Urban Renewal (Wiener Bodenbereitstellungs- und Stadterneuerungsfonds, WBSF) and Vice President of the Viennese Business Agency (Wiener Wirtschaftsförderungsfonds, WWFF).
- 2007 - 2nd December 2008: Federal Minister for Transport, Innovation and Technology (Bundesministerium für Verkehr, Innovation und Technologie, BMVIT)
- Since June 2008: Chairman of the Social Democratic Party of Austria (SPÖ)
- Since 2nd December 2008: Federal Chancellor of Austria