© SPÖ/Johannes Zinner
Josef Ostermayer was sworn in as Chancellery Minister by Federal President Heinz Fischer on 16 December 2013. In this capacity, he will be responsible for the following tasks:
- public service
- coordination of cultural affairs
- media affairs
- affairs concerning the Constitution
- affairs concerning the public administration
- affairs concerning the archives and federal museums
- women's and equality policies
The final distribution of tasks within the federal government will be laid down in the Federal Ministries Act, which is expected to be amended in early 2014.
In Faymann’s Cabinet I (period 2008 to 2013), Mr. Josef Ostermayer held the position of the State Secretary in the Federal Chancellery.